The Root Center is dedicated to the
easement of the basic stressors of human life (providing food,
water, shelter, energy and community) through the intelligent
application of simple technologies, thereby building a cornerstone
for a worldwide network of abundance to give every human being the
time and dignity to lead fulfilling lives and elevate the quality of
life for all.
We will integrate nature and
technology, traditional and modern. In this process we will enable
profound community development through a strong foundation of the
basic infrastructure of community living. Community centers will be
established to provide the tools and resources to explore humanity's
Center is a growing organization currently run entirely by unpaid staff and volunteers. This is your chance to get in on the
ground floor of The Root Center and help us build a community support network that will transform local food systems around the world.
Here are some ways to connect with us (in no particular order):
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your contact info, interests/skills/hobbies/areas of study/etc.
that you would like to share and whether you'd rather design your own
method of contributing to the cause or if you'd rather help in an all
around capacity as needed. Staff is on site every day of the week to arrange scheduling
up to a posted event. If you are
sure you'll be coming to an event please send us an email so we can
make sure to have enough equipment/instruments on hand, etc.
3. DONATE!! :-)
Current activities you can help with (feel free to design your own, too!):
1. Further development and record-keeping of our ongoing projects (gardening, aquaponics systems, community-building, etc.)
2. Event planning (we have many events - fundraisers, gardening, community-building, etc.)
3. Grant writing and research
4. Accounting/Legal aid
5. Model creation/blueprints/concept sketches, etc.
Future activities you can help with:
1. Gardening! (Forming garden beds, putting mycelium and compost down, transplanting, planting, weeding, watering, harvesting)
2. Dome construction and setup of the aquaponics system.
3. Event participation!